I wanted to try a little cooking challenge today and I am very pleased with the result. I say “challenge” because looking at the recipe on the internet, I thought it would be very complicated to make, but it turned out it wasn’t at all.
I even got the children to participate with the eldest doing her best to carefully shape the roses and the youngest who was busy spilling/cleaning then spilling again and cleaning again… the flour :).
I personnely find this pastry desert so cute.
THE ROSE’S RECIPE
- 1 pie crust or sweet shortcrust pastry (I made a sweet shortcrust pastry slightly sugary)
- Apples (around 3)
- Apple compote
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Some powdered sugar (optional)
- Slice the apples in thin slivers.
- Pour the lemon juice and some water in the pan, add in it the apples and bring it to the boil.
- Cut large rectangles in the crust/pastry.
- Spread the compote and place the apples.
- Wrap and place it in a muffin mold.
- Bake it for 35 minutes at 190°C (375°F)
Here is a link to a
so that you can better visualize the recipe.